As the lighter evening set in and we enjoy the summer evenings, we must bring to your attention as a matter of urgency, Nottinghamshire Police have seen an increase in the number of incidents reported surrounding GARDEN THEFT, from garden furniture, plants, and plant pots.
We would like to offer you all some crime prevention advice to help reduce this.
Protecting your garden
- Stopping a burglar from getting into your garden reduces the risk of them burgling your home
- Grow hedges of hawthorn or holly or other prickly bushes close to walls and fences to deter criminals from entering your garden
- Make sure any gates to your garden or to the rear of your home are locked when they are not being used
- If you have a solid fence or wall fix a trellis to the top. This will make it more difficult for a burglar to climb over. A trellis will not obstruct visibility and make the burglar feel exposed
- Never leave bicycles, lawnmowers and other equipment lying around unattended or unsecured in your garden
Pcso 8836 Piggott