Crime on the Top Valley continues to fall significantly with the following reductions
Dwelling Burglary down by 54%
Robbery down by 83%
Vehicle Crime down by 50%
Criminal damage reduced by 36%
Theft offences down by 85%
We have also detected 29% of all the offences committed which means we have caught and dealt with those responsible.
In conclusion Crime has reduced and we are catching more offenders and bringing them to justice.
We have seen an emerging crime trend on other area that may well affect this area and that is the theft of Catalytic converters from vehicles. It appears vans are particularly being targeted please see the below advice to prevent your vehicle being targeted.
Protecting your vehicle from
catalytic converter thieves
We are working to apprehend them.
You can help us by following this
advice to protect your vehicle.
• If you can, park you vehicle in a locked garage when it is unattended.
• If it’s not possible to garage your vehicle, park it in a busy, well-lit area as close to your property as possible.
• Consider installing a Thatcham approved alarm to your
vehicle. Ones that activate if your vehicle is lifted or tilted are particularly effective.
• Use a catalytic converter protection device or marking
Catalytic converters control and convert exhaust emissions from your vehicle into less toxic substances. If yours is stolen, you will know because your vehicle’s engine will sound different.
If you suspect your catalytic converter has been stolen,
report it to us immediately by calling 101.
These websites provide details of products that could
help protect your vehicle
Approved by the Association of Chief Police Officers’
Secured By Design scheme www.securedbydesign.com
• Approved Thatcham alarm installers www.thatcham.org
• Catalytic converter marking system www.retainagroup.com
• Products to enhance vehicle security www.soldsecure.com
Other products, not approved by Secured By Design, are
• Catalytic converter guards www.garrisonlocks.co.uk
• Catatak - theft prevention kit www.catalyticconvertertheft.com
• CatSecure theft prevention device for Mercedes Sprinter van
• CatClamp catalytic converter lock www.catsafe.org.uk
Reference to the websites in this document is for information only.
This does not represent a recommendation or referral from Nottinghamshire Police.
The force is not responsible for the content of external websites.