We would like to make all our residents of Watnall aware that over the last few days a shed in Kimberley has been broken into and items stolen.
Crime in your area is low at present so do not become complacent!!!
We have seen an increase of garages, sheds and outbuildings that have been entered illegally and items from within removed.
SO PLEASE RAISE YOUR AWARENESS THINK SECURITY
Have you ever sat down and thought about the monetary value of the items stored in these buildings????
With this timely reminder PLEASE follow the crime prevention advice below to ensure that you DO NOT BECOME A VITIM OF CRIME!!!
- Keep your garage or shed door locked when it’s not being used. Sheds and garages often contain expensive items, such as bicycles, lawnmowers and tools, and are frequently targeted by thieves
- A strong hasp bolted to both the door and frame can be used with a good padlock to add extra security to your shed or garage
- Ensure windows are secure by fitting internal bars or grilles
- Large expensive equipment should be fastened to something bulky. Alternatively, fit anchor posts attached to the floor to provide a fixed point for locking your belongings to
- As with items in your home, valuables stored in either a shed or a garage should be marked with your postcode and house number so if they are stolen and recovered you can be traced and reunited with your property
- If possible fit your shed with an alarm and install PIR lights.
If you would like crime prevention advice please contact your local beat team.
PC 3446 Paul TOON
PCSO 7168 Lara HOLBROOK