January 2012 Update
1. Groups of youths causing harassment alarm and distress at the following locations in Awsworth.
- Lawrence Avenue around the shops.
- Barlow Drive South Awsworth.
-Alley way behind Barlow Drive south which leads on to The Glebe.
They are being noisy and are responsible for criminal damage within the cluster.
2. Speeding is occurring on a regular basis through out the day at the following locations:
Giltbrook - Smithurst Road and Church Lane Newthorpe
3. You were concerned about the increase in dwelling burglaries within the cluster.
1. The Local Beat Team targeted local youths in the area of Lawrence Avenue and Barlow Drive South.
An increase in ASB was reported this led to one local youth being put back into prison for the breach of his licence.
A second male is at present subject to a meeting for an ABC (Acceptable Behaviour Contract)
All Partners are involved Broxtowe Borough Council / School Liaison Officer / Family Intervention Team and the Beat Manager Sergeant.
As a result the ASB has fallen again.
Patrols will continue in the area by the local beat team.
2. Increased patrols by marked vehicles in Giltbrook & Newthorpe have been conducted to deter speeders.
Police are trying to arrange a Community Speed Watch scheme in Newthorpe. If you are interested in volunteering please contact your local beat team.
Operation Accelerate was introduced during January to combat burglary and auto-crime in Broxtowe North.
This has seen increased high visibility patrols by all officers within Broxtowe North at hotspot times and locations.
This has seen a reduction in the number of reported burglaries and autocrime offences within the area.
A number of search warrants were executed and stolen property recovered which has led to a number of arrests.
Police continue to patrol all burglary hotspot areas.
Crime reduction advice and target hardening measures have been given to residents at home visits, beat surgeries and Patchwalks.
Police continue to sign more residents up to Neighbourhood Alert to raise awareness of crime in your area.
Sign up for free at www.nottinghamshirealert.co.uk
Police continue to visit known criminals within the area to monitor and deter them from committing further crimes.
PC 2457 Dean Spalding - 07525 989428
PCSO 8911 Martyn Barsby - 07525 989429