ACT NOW - Protect your vehicle from thieves
Due to a recent Theft of motor vehicle in your area on 17/06/2012, and To help prevent your vehicle from being targeted by thieves, please take note of the following information.
Nottinghamshire Police are taking action to reduce vehicle crime even more, and you can help:
- Don't leave items on display, remove valuables and wipe away sat nav marks
- Always lock your vehicle, and don’t forget the boot and windows
· When parking at home, use your garage if you have one and lock garden gates. If you park on the street, try to leave your car in a well-lit area or near a CCTV camera
· Fit an alarm, and use a steering lock to deter criminals.
- Consider buying anti-theft screws for your number plate and attach lockable wheel nuts to help prevent wheels from being stolen
- Have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) etched on windows, windscreens and headlamps
- Keep serial numbers for electrical items such as CD changers or sat navs, and mark them with your vehicle registration number. This will help the police return items to you if they’re stolen and later recovered.
If you would like further advice, call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit www.nottinghamshire.police.uk. If a crime is in progress, dial 999. You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
If you see anything suspicious please report it on the above telephone numbers.