Update for 23rd – 29th April 2012.
Between the 23rd – 29th April 2012 the following crimes have been reported in the Attenborough and Toton / Chilwell Meadows Beat Areas.
· Theft from Motor Vehicle on Manor Avenue, Attenborough. Between 1745-1820hours 23/04/2012 both number plates were stolen from a vehicle parked on the street.
· Theft from Motor Vehicle on Woodward Avenue, Chilwell Meadows. Overnight on 23/04/2012 a Satnav and a bag were stolen from a vehicle parked on the street. It is not known how the offenders gained entry to the vehicle as it was believed to be secure.
· Theft from Motor Vehicle on Topliff Road, Chilwell Meadows. On 24/04/2012 a personal organiser was stolen from an insecure vehicle parked on the street.
· Theft of Pedal Cycle at Robinson Court, Chilwell Meadows. Overnight on 23/04/2012 a pedal cycle was stolen from the communal area to the block of flats.
· Theft from Motor Vehicle on Minton Close, Chilwell Meadows. Overnight on 26/04/2012 a vehicle parked on a driveway was broken into and a laptop stolen which was left in the boot.
If you have any information on who has committed these crimes or any other crime then please contact the Local Beat Team or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
As there appears to have been a number of Theft from Vehicles during this past week the focus needs to be on preventing further offences. Please ensure that you lock your vehicle at all times and all items of value are removed. If you have a vehicle alarm and immobiliser then please ensure that it is working and activated. If you would like any further advice then please visit the Nottinghamshire Police Website or contact the Local Beat Team.
INCIDENTS OF NOTE
On 26/04/2012 a Road Traffic Collision occurred at the level crossing on Attenborough Lane. The crossing itself was closed for a couple of hours whilst the barriers were repaired. The driver of the vehicle was taken to hospital for treatment but has subsequently been released.
The Police Surgery held at Toton Library, Stapleford Lane, Toton will now be held on a Wednesday morning. Dates and times for these surgeries will follow once they have been finalised.
The Local Beat Team are exploring other venues including a venue in Attenborough for another surgery to be held.
Confirmation of the surgeries will be given via Neighbourhood Alert and via the Beat Posters which will be placed at specific locations.
The Local Beat Team will be producing 2 posters for display within both areas. These posters will detail the Neighbourhood Priorities, Contact details for the Local Beat Team and also the Engagement activities for a 3 month period.
Locations are being identified for these posters so if you know of a location where 2 A4 sized posters can be displayed then please contact the Local Beat Team.
If you have information about crime or a criminal, the anonymous number 0800 555 111 enables you to pass that information on in complete confidence.
You will not be asked your name, your call will not be traced or recorded and you will not have to go to court. You may also be eligible for a reward.
If you have information about Crime or Drugs in the Attenborough and Toton area and you want to help in making the area a better and safer place to live and work, then please ring 0800 555 111 and pass that information on.
Please ensure that if you are dropping or collecting children from school then you park sensibly and do not put either your child or someone elses child in danger.
Finally, if you would like to discuss any issue within the area then please contact either myself or Sean.
Pc 955 Dave Ward
Attenborough & Toton / Chilwell Meadows